**Internships are full for Summer 2016
We have a very flexible stateside internship program where you will get the opportunity to learn the interworking of a non-profit organization. We welcome all forms of internships, whether it is a 1-day job shadow, a full-time semester internship or anything in between. We have worked with Auburn University for the past few years and are an approved internship site.
Four Corners Ministries works for the benefit of the people in Northern Uganda and South Sudan. We have a Child sponsorship program in South Sudan and many Water Filtration Projects in remote villages. The current civil war in South Sudan limits the extent of our involvement beyond these two projects at this time. In Northern Uganda we facilitate year round missions trips and have full-time missionaries on the ground. Our main focus, right now, is building a village called Abaana’s Hope near Gulu, Uganda. This village employs over 100 Ugandans through agriculture, construction and our jewelry program, Life Beads. Our goal in building this village is not to come in and disrupt the flow of life, but to come along side to encourage and empower the people of Uganda. We want to “teach” instead of “do,” as well as learn from the people.
If you choose to intern with FCM we believe it will be a fun, spiritually enriching, and personally rewarding experience!
A few things you would do during your internship are, but not limited to:
– Helping plan and facilitate our annual 5k and 1-Mile Fun Run
– Helping plan and facilitate our annual banquet
– Working with our jewelry program, Life Beads, and helping plan 1 jewelry party during the semester
– Working with our Child Sponsorship program
– Learning the behind-the-scenes operation of a donor-based non-profit organization
– Donation pick-ups for our Thrift Stores
– General office duties